The “Max Bid” option allows you to set the maximum amount that you would like to pay for an item. This option is available on the auction items page, the auction details page, in your watchlist, or in your bids dashboard.
When you set a Max Bid the system will use this amount to compare bids submitted by all bidders and will award the high bid to the bidder with the highest maximum bid.
You will be notified if your maximum bid is winning the item or if your maximum bid is outbid.
- The amount entered in the Enter a Max Bid is not visible to other bidders
- Also note that you can raise your own Max Bid by entering a new Max Bid
- The bidder with the highest Max Bid is considered the winning bidder until their Max Bid is outbid
- The bidder with the highest Max Bid will only be charged the highest bid + the next bid increment + buyer's premium + tax
- For example, if bidder 1 bids $50, and bidder 2 puts a Max Bid of $100, and the next bid increment is $5, and if no one else bids, bidder 2 will pay $50 + $5 + buyer's premium + tax
- If two Bidders place the same max bid on an item, then the first Bidder to place the Max Bid will ‘win’ over the other Bidder with the same Max Bid